How much water to drink?
Company Name - Company Message
My Blog

How much water to drink?

How much water to drink?  Add your comments...

8 Comments to How much water to drink?:

Comments RSS
W on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:36 AM
How much water to drink? Simply drinking when thirsty. I see people walking around with water even in the church and the temple. Temple workers are asks not to do this. I have attempted to drink 8 glasses of water a day and found it impossible. When I am working I often drink lots of water. The Good Lord has bless us with a body that tell us what to do: When I get an itch my body tells me to scratch; if it persist my body tells me to put some cream on it or use a little alcohol and cream; if it persist my body tells me to see my Dermatologist. When I need water my body tells me to drink. However if I have a question about most things I only have to go to the Internet (that Al Gore invented) to find the answer about how much water to drink: The New Fluid Guidelines A 2002 study published in the American Journal of Physiology questioned the old recommendation of 8 ounces of water, eight times a day. After a thorough review, researcher Heinz Valtin concluded there was inadequate evidence that healthy adults -- living in temperate climates and not engaged in rigorous activities -- need large amounts of water. Continue reading below... For normal, healthy adults, Valtin recommended simply drinking when thirsty. And he reported that even caffeinated drinks can count toward satisfying our fluid requirements. In February 2004, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) issued new recommendations that agree with Valtin's findings. The new guidelines remove the eight-glasses-a-day recommendation, and say healthy adults may use thirst to determine their fluid needs. Exceptions to this rule include anyone with a medical condition requiring fluid control; athletes; and people taking part in prolonged physical activities or whose living conditions are extreme. How Much Is Enough? The IOM report did not specify requirements for water but made general fluid intake recommendations based on survey data of 91 ounces (that's 11-plus cups a day) for women and 125 ounces (15-plus cups a day) for men. Remember, these guidelines are for total fluid intake, including fluid from all food and beverages. Approximately 80% of our water intake comes from drinking water and other beverages, and the other 20% comes from food. Assuming these percentages are accurate for most of us, the recommended amount of beverages, including water, would be approximately 9 cups for women and 12.5 cups for men. While 20% may seem like a lot of fluid to get from food, many common food items are mostly water. Here are some foods with high water content, according to the American Dietetic Association: Food Percentage Water Lettuce (1½ cup) 95% Watermelon (1½ cup) 92% Broccoli (1½ cup) 91% Grapefruit (1½ cup) 91% Milk (1 cup) 89% Orange juice (3/4 cup) 88% Carrot (1½ cup) 87% Yogurt (1 cup) 85% Apple (one medium) 84%
Reply to comment

best faucet water filter on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 4:04 AM
This blog post is relevant and to the point. I recommend it to everyone visiting this blog. Your writing is simple and easy to understand and that’s one of the reasons why I love to read your posts. !!!!
Reply to comment

Pool Service Broward County on Sunday, April 13, 2014 2:36 AM
I'm happy that I found your blog while searching the internet for ideas and good content regarding How much water to drink. It's very informative and the quality of your posts is excellent.
Reply to comment

Sportwetten online on Friday, July 25, 2014 6:59 PM
Eine serioese Dienst ist ein nur ein Person, dass Angebote und Konturen , liefert vertrauenswuerdigen Auszahlungen, bietet liefert eng Stabilitaet, great Kundenbetreuung neben viel zahlreiche Kunden . vegas Chancen Profi Football Wenn Jones verwenden BetUS dann so wird I.
Reply to comment

Best minerial water australia on Tuesday, September 09, 2014 7:02 AM
Congrats for making it possible for creating this blog. Nice Blog
Reply to comment

strony www on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:37 AM
will have fun an extraordinary character concerning almost all floor covering designed for ice days they might not have just about any complications and to be able to meet
Reply to comment

loemrntdherid1 on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:52 AM
I am glad to found such useful post. I really increased my knowledge after read your post which will be beneficial for me.
Reply to comment

dissertation help on Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:42 PM
How much water to drink? The more services for quality thoughts and connects and you have to take more water for healthy body. I am getting the more services and improved the body fitness.
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint